trendier. hipper. pretentious-er. rantier. unfocused-er. the new black.............ier.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

NUMBER SEVEN

pj harvey and bjork - covering the rolling stones' song, 'satisfaction'

then the rare cover comes along that's so superior to the original, it makes you wonder what would happen if you could somehow go back in time and successfully have mick jagger's parents unfucked.

actually, i admit it. this version is just, well...eh. but i went to a u2 concert a few years ago and their opener, harvey, completely stole the show. yes, stole it from u2. the intensity she has on stage is seriously unmatched by anyone else claiming to be in her league.

and you're worthless if you don't like bjork. that is all.



(btw - nice display of the women's empowerment movement, i might add. it makes me wish i had all my kids aborted.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I was enjoying your list...until now. Honestly...I believe I fell asleep at the 44 second mark...strike one for you! It would have taken me 37.36 cups of coffee to get through that one. Not even Bjork's Fed up hair kept me intrigued.

The REAL, best cover of this song is performed by Mr. Otis Redding.

6:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you say Bjork is not cool? You bad bad person.

1:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home